Friday, June 12, 2009

This week's news

* Our need for theology

We need our churches to be filled with theologians. Yes, that means you : ) 


* Christian Music in Trouble

I am not a big “music person.” I love to listen to inspiring Christian music of many genres, but I do not keep up with current trends and the newest groups. It appears however that the Christian music industry may be in trouble


* Sunspots and global warming

I am one of the few weirdos who thinks that global warming is not due to man’s influence. Oh I believe in being responsible with the environment, but our carbon emissions are not the cause of the recent rise in average global temperatures. In fact, this story is one of several that postulate a different theory about the change in temperature over time. Very interesting to say the least.


* What’s wrong with “seeker-sensitive” churches? 

For the past quarter century there has been a movement in some churches to try to make church more appealing to lost people. That movement has spawned the current “emerging church” which seeks to attract the post-moderns. Here is what these churches do to reach people. You tell me how that’s going… 

 

* Weird world… 

I really don’t know what to say about this...


No comments:

Post a Comment