Friday, May 15, 2009

What's going on in Christendom?


Every week I read several different blogs to keep sharp and to learn what God is doing in the Church. I know that few of us have time to sift through the myriad blogs out there to unearth a few gems, so I thought that since I am doing that already, I could just direct you to a few of them each week. 


  • Desiring God

The guys at DG have posted a smashing lesson on preaching!!! I think this description of preaching is one of the best I have ever come across, and I think it will be very helpful for you as well. 


Watch and read along as Piper describes what preaching is and why it is important.


I make no effort to hide the fact that Piper is one of my heroes. In fact, my son’s middle name is John because John Piper, John Owen, John Calvin, Jonathan Edwards, John Wesley, John the Apostle, they are the ones who have influenced me most in my Christian life. 


I digress… the bottom line is that this is a must for anyone who is serious about the preaching of the gospel.


  • The Blazing Center

Stephen Altrogge is a young guy like me who has a great heart for the LORD and has done a lot of great work in writing Christ-centered worship music. 


In this blog post he takes a very humorous yet convicting look at pride. 


  • Real Life

This is the blog of our student minister, Steve Hunt. He does a great job of encouraging our students to know God in his word. This post is a follow up to the message delivered Wednesday night by one of our students, Zach Mullins. This was Zach’s first time to preach to anyone. 


Good job, Zach!!!


  • World Magazine Online

This is an interesting take on why we should read the Bible everyday...





No comments:

Post a Comment