Thursday, May 21, 2009

Around the blogs in 80 seconds

I will be out of town this weekend so I am posting Friday and Saturday's posts today... Read ahead if you like : )

I found many things this week that I found very interesting. The first two are primarily for the ladies (but I guess we men can learn from them also) I will list them all and you can pick your favorites...

  • Nancy Leigh Demoss on Carrie Prejean
Ms. Demoss is one, awesome lady. My wife loves her books. She is definitely has a great ministry to women. Which is why her comments on Carrie Prejean are very interesting and insightful. 

  • Death is not dying
This is one of the best testimonies I have ever heard. Rachel is speaking at a women's event and she has only weeks left to live. Her rock solid faith in God and outlook on her remaining days are so God exalting. It is long (55 minutes), but the blessing is worth the time investment. 

  • The State of American Religion
This column in the New York Times does a great job pinpointing the problems with Dan brown and his religious agenda in the newly released Angels and Demons (the sequel to The DaVinci Code). Too many Christians-in-name-only are buying in to his horrible theology.

  • More Americans are "pro-life" than "pro-choice"?
According to a recent Gallup poll this could be true. Small victory?

  • Missing link in evolution is found
From good news (see above on abortion) to "bad" news... Apparently the "missing link" in the case for evolution has been discovered. The speculation is that this could be as significant as the discovery of the Rosetta stone (which made the translations of several ancient language possible).  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these very valuable and informational links. As Christians, we need to make the Bible our standard not what our Christian culture now allows. I hope I can better know God and His Word to glorify Him in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the links... I found the Gallup poll very interesting... I am praying!

    ReplyDelete