Tuesday, May 26, 2009

There are some things you never get tired of

I love bran flakes for breakfast. Actually I love them all the time. If I am ever hungry in the afternoon and need a snack... bran flakes it is! I do not love them because they are healthy. I love them because I love the taste. I know this sounds odd. It sounds odd to me too! 

My love for bran flakes started when I was a kid. I would wake up every morning, go downstairs and prepare a bowl, then go get ready before I returned to eat them. I liked them soggy. I ate them all the time. 

As much as I love bran flakes though, I do eventually get tired of them. In fact, I just started eating them again after a hiatus of several years because I had grown weary of them before. It does not matter how great some things are, there will come a time when I don't love them anymore. 

However, there are some things you never get tired of. These are very rare and usually they have great intrinsic value. For me, John 3:16 is a verse of Scripture that I never get tired of. It is probably the first verse all of us memorized when we were kids beginning to learn the Bible. I know it so well, yet I never grow tired of hearing it. 

Every time I go back and study it I still learn something new. It is sweet and refreshing to me. 

God loves us... all of us... all the people in the world.
He gave his Son to us... He sent his Son to us... He sent his Son to die for us.
Anyone can believe... there are no restrictions... no favoritism.
Believing Jesus saves... we can have eternal life.

It is still incredible to me. That God would love enough to send his Son to die. That we do not have to earn our salvation. That He would give so great a gift. 

I never get tired of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment