Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blogfast

I have only made a couple of blog posts in that past few weeks. The infrequency of the posts is due to two reasons mainly.


One, I have been busy getting ready for vacation and for a mission trip to Brazil. Before vacation I was doing two weeks worth of work in one and the same goes for the trip I leave on tomorrow.


Two, I only want to post something if I think I have something worth saying. One of the things I am learning as a preacher-pastor is that just because God has called me to proclaim his word regularly to my church that does not mean that everything that comes out of my head or heart is worth saying. So, I don’t want to talk just to talk.


Now, when I get back from Brazil, I hope and pray that I will have something worth saying. And I want to give you guys a full update on the trip when I return.


Please pray for Ken Mostella, Andy Frazier, Chad Montoya and me as we travel to Brazil to proclaim the gospel to the quilombola people and as we encourage the fledgling churches there.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your spiritual wisdom as well as your humor... Looking forward to hearing about Brazil!

    ReplyDelete